When your meet/meeting is ready, you can start adding results. We recommend using the Meet Mgmt app to add results for field events (please see our Roster Athletics: Meet Mgmt app guides for more details). However, you can also add all results manually in the web admin system. You can do this under the Results tab.
This guide is divided into the following sections below:
- Events list
- Adding results and places
- Sorting participants
- Not valid attempts (x, -, r)
- Status (NM, DQ, DNS)
- Marking event as finished
- Internal notes
1. Select a field event from the list on the left side. You can change the sorting of events by clicking on the icon in the Search field and selecting sort by either Event name or Event time.
You can also filter events by Gender and hide Breakdowns and Finished events.
The search option allows you to search for an Event name or Participant name. When selecting the latter option, you can decide if you want to filter start lists to show only searched participants automatically.
2. You can add results in the columns under each round, and Places will be calculated automatically. Alternatively, you can add results and places manually if Calculate places is disabled under the Automatic calculations option.
Please note: enabling or disabling the automatic calculations applies to all groups of a given event stage (including the summary group).
You can add all the results from all rounds. To add a new round, click on the plus icon. The best result will be marked with two green stars (**) and visible in the Result column.
You can change the sorting method to make entering results easier, e.g., when copying them from a scoresheet. Under options, there are two methods: Sort by place and Sort by order.
Please note: when sorting by order, the system will always sort by the primary order in the start list. It will not change the order after the third or fifth round if such a model for a field event has been selected.
3. When an attempt is not valid, type or select the x, - or r status in the result field.
- x → a failed attempt,
- - → a passed attempt,
- r → an athlete that has retired from an event.
4. When entering results, any records that are set (WR, MR, PB, SB) will show automatically under the results. However, you can change all records manually by disabling Calculate records under Automatic calculations under Options.
Please note: enabling or disabling the automatic calculations applies to all groups of a given event stage.
By default, if an event is affected by wind, you will see records next to a result only if there is a legal wind reading. However, you can enable Records without wind reading in the options menu.
If any events are affected by the wind (e.g., long jump, triple jump), you can add wind to the Wind field (if you choose the outdoor season). Records will not be displayed if the wind is stronger than the standard of 2.0 m/s.
5. If an athlete was disqualified (DQ) or did not start (DNS), you will need to change the Status of that athlete to the correct one. The NM (no mark) status is set automatically when all attempts are unsuccessful.
6. After adding all results, click on the FINISHED trigger. The event will be marked by a checkmark in the Roster Athletics mobile app and the Roster website. This will also trigger any individual or team competition points calculations for this event if the competitions are enabled.
Results are marked by two timestamps for (i) the last entered result (Last change); and (ii) when the event is marked finished (Marked finished). This information can be used to determine a potential deadline for a protest. The timestamp happens when the information has been made public (i.e., saved on the server) and not when it is either entered in offline mode in the Meet Mgmt app or typed down on a paper scoresheet.
Please note: once you click on the FINISHED trigger, you cannot undo this step.
As a user responsible for entering results, you can add a note to the event results, e.g. if you want to have internal information for the primary judge or the organiser. Select Edit notes from the options menu to add or edit a note.
If the event/group has a note, you will find an icon next to the event name in the upper left header and next to the event name in the list of events.
Please note: These notes will not be publicly visible to athletes or users of the Roster Athletics app or the public competitions website with results. Only users with permission to read or edit the meet/meeting can see them.